Sunday 12 February 2017

Diary entry Metal wall hooks


Dear diary

I have produced the metal wall hooks which I intend to hang my clay keys with the exhibition which is intended to be in the container space, the exhibition being presented around the same time alongside are final exhibition. For the metal wall hooks I developed two designs influenced around a wall hook shown to me by Mikey, I developed a rounded and square design for the wall hooks.

I later went down into the ceramic base where metal work can also be done with the ceramic technician. I showed him my designs with him suggesting the square design due to the lack of material in order to make a good quality wall hooks. He helped me with the development of the wall hooks which four were produced for the four clay keys.

The technician helped me cut the square shape and drill in holes for any strews and the rounded hook to become attached, He later using a flam burner melted the rounded metal with the square section attaching them both together to form the metal hooks. I now have everything ready for the exhibition which now I can play how I intend to present my work.   

No comments:

Post a Comment