Sunday 12 February 2017

FMP: Descent of Species: comic strip

 
 




 
These are the double page comic strip I developed based around the Descent of Species tale from SUM: Forty Tales from the Afterlife. I included both the illustrations and written text together to present the visuals I gained from the texts, and the colour element I developed for them. I added background colours to the illustrations which I believed best matched the colours of the illustrations and what each illustration is representing. 
 
The comic strip presenting certain elements of the tale from the book presenting a shorter version of the story showcasing visuals which presents my connection between text and image from the tale.

I layered out the comic strip to best fit in the illustrations and text representing the story nature of the illustrations in order, but to still have the images follow a basic comic layout, which is still different to most used layouts. I wanted to have a layout which is similar to other comic strip layouts, but still be unique and different due to strange, unique and unknown nature of the afterlife.
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment