Sunday 12 February 2017

Studio workshop: The Museum of London diary entry


Dear diary my date at The Museum of London was very interesting there was a number exhibitions presenting different periods in the history of London from before the Roman’s came to the landscape, the Medieval period, London from the 1950’s – 2000’s to modern day London. The exhibits presented a number of objects, artefacts, paintings and busts produced and used during the different time periods. The museum presented each exhibited by order from the London before London exhibit being the first exhibit by the entrance and London today being the last. 
The museum had a range of objects which I produced a number of sketches off, but throughout the day I found it difficult to find objects which I felt were interesting, could produce a good drawing from and develop the drawing of the object further into a 3D piece. I also found it difficult to select objects to draw because normally when I sketch within museums they are of sculptures, paintings or other forms of art work. The change in chosen subjects and themes was difficult to adjust too. I also noted down information about the exhibits the objects I drew where in and for some of the objects I added a little detail about them. I also took a number of pictures of the objects within the museum.
Overall I found the experience dull as the theme of the museum and exhibits were boring and not artistic like I’m used to. Going to the museum was a new experience as I had never been to the museum before or to a museum which does not truly focus around the theme of art in most of the exhibits for a while. I hopefully will not be going on another date any time soon.
 For this diary entry I again based it around my overall experience, ideas for recording my overall experience, and ideas of developing the project further with my illustrations. I also recorded my opinion about my visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment