Sunday 12 February 2017

Studio workshop: memento diary entry


Dear diary after my visit to The Museum of London I later decided to create a 3D object based around on of the drawings from the visit. I developed a memo of the object I intent to form. The memo presents an illustration of the key I drew at the museum. I intent to produce a series of five different keys with different messages on them relating to my diary entry from the museum visit. The memo presenting clearly my ideas and how I intent to develop my 3D objects.

I later produced a maquette based around the memo design with cardboard. I photocopied the drawing from my sketch book and enlarged it. I got a piece of cardboard and card around the enlarged version of the drawing creating a cardboard outline of the drawing. I later copied the process creating another cardboard copy, which using a glue gun stuck the two cardboard outlines together so the maquette would have a wider width giving the maquette more of a 3D element towards it. The cardboard maquette was intended to be a copy of what the clay versions would look like. I felt the cardboard version worked well as it clearly presents my intentions and gives me the stepping stone to move on the developing the 3D clay keys.     
For this diary entry I recored the development of my work, ideas, thoughts, the memento and 3D maquette of my 3D object, my intention to develop the project further by developing 3D clay versions based around my memento design and 3D maquette.  

   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment