Sunday 12 February 2017

Studio Workshop: diary entry 3D object


Dear diary


I continued with the development of my 3D object by creating a set of four clay keys. I based the 3D clay key objects around my memento design and cardboard maquette of a key. Instead of cutting a key shape out from rolled out clay, I rounded different sections of clay into the shape of my key illustration, I enlarged from my visit to The Museum of London. For the top end of the key for the section which normally fits into a lock, I cut out the shapes from flat pieces of clay. This was advised to me from the technician that it would be best to cut out those shapes and stick them to the rolled out section of clays which formed the basic key shape, due to the ends being small and having a difficult shape to craft by hand.

I later left them to dry completely, before I could have them fired in the kiln. I then developed hand written fonts of five different phrases each to go with one of the keys, which related to my diary entry. The phrases being, dull, boring, not artistic, don’t open, and no second date. Later I painted the fonts in acrylic paint. Each phrase being painted in a different colour. I painted one of the phrases each either in blue, green, red, yellow, and orange. I plan to have the four clay keys layered out on a table with one of the phrases under them painted the same colour under them relating the keys to the phrase, each key representing a key to either, boredom, dullness, non-artistic, don’t open and, no second date.   


For my diary entry I explained the process and the development of creating my 3D object, the diary entry presenting my ideas, thoughts, and ideas for future development of the 3D object. 

 

       

 

   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment