Sunday 12 February 2017

Studio workshop: invitation development diary entry



Dear diary I had decided to product an invitation for myself for a date to the Museum of London. I chose to produce a number of drawings of London landmarks, including Tower Bridge, Big Ben, the Shard, the Gherkin and the London Eye. I wanted to create an invitation which clear showcases London.



I also produced hand developed font creating a different style of font form my previous versions. I scanned the drawing, transferred them to Photoshop creating a black and white version of an invitation. I later decided to produce a coloured version of the invitation, I liked both the black/white and coloured version of the invitations as I believed the landmarks were drawn in good detail and worked well together. The colours also fitted in well together creating a graphical image.

I later decided to produce a gouache version of the invitation. I never painted using gouache before which I believed was a good new medium to experiment with. I traced the drawings of the landmarks and the text onto an A2 sheet in pencil and painted the landmarks. The idea was to produce a series of images on an invitation which did not include any outline. At first I didn’t like the images I produced using gouache. Later when transferred to Photoshop I began to like them as like the other versions of the invitation the images and colours worked well together.

For the diary entry I based it around my overall experience, my thoughts, ways of working, and personal opinion about my invitation.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment