Sunday 12 February 2017

Studio Workshop: 3D maquette


This is the maquette I developed of the key drawing I did at my visit to The Museum of London. I photocopied the drawing I produced of the key to a larger size, cutting around my enlarged drawing, placed the drawing over a pieces of cardboard drew around the drawing leaving a drawn outline version of the key on the cardboard. I cut  around the key shape leaving a cardboard cut out of the keys shape. I then repeated the process leaving me with two cardboard cut outs of the key.
 
Using a glue gun I stuck the two cardboard cut outs together giving the key more of a 3D element.
I based the maquette around the memento design I developed which I will now developed four clay versions of the keys shape based around the structure of the maquette.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment