Sunday 12 February 2017

Final Major Project idea

For my Final Major Project I will be illustrating from the book written by David Eagleman, Sum: Forty Tales from the Afterlife. I will be developing a double page comic strip based around individual  tales from the book. The idea is to present my visual language and humour elements of my illustrations based around tales from the book which presents humourist tales about the theme of the afterlife. The book sets about presenting a number of visuals within the tales which leaves its readers free to imagine to tales for themselves. I want to develop a comic strip which presents the relationship between text and image.
 
I will be taken a number of pieces of text from the book and illustrating from them adding both the illustrations and text together as part of the comic pages. The comic pages presenting the visuals I gathered while reading the tales presenting the tale through certain pieces of text and the illustrations based around them.
 
I intend to colour the illustrations using the colour filter on Photoshop, giving my illustrations a graphical element which I believe will fit with the nature of the books tales.      

No comments:

Post a Comment