Sunday 12 February 2017

Studio workshop: I've Never Seen Star Wars/ Take Yourself on a Date, landmark illustrations





 
For this project I was tasked with visiting a place I'd never been to before. I decided to visit The Museum of London as the idea of visiting a museum which had little to do with any art form and move to do with the history and structure of a place was also completely new to me, putting me out of my comfort zone.
 
I was also tasked to develop a invitation for myself in a medium I never used before to explore new techniques and processes which were new to me, pushing myself to learn to work with a new medium. The invitation was to be completed before the museum visit. The invitation designed to present my ideas of the place and how it might be presented before I went to document my experience, which were change my views and ideas of the museum.
 
For the invitation I decided to illustrate a number of London landmarks including Tower Bridge, Big Ben, The London Eye, The Gherkin and The Shard, due to the museum being about London and the landmarks are the first thoughts I developed when picturing London. Also the museum could have an exhibition about the landmarks, architecture, and structure within London's history. The landmarks chosen to be part of the invitation were the one's I believed best represented globally and would best represent the change in structure within London's history and would fit well together as a set of images. 
 
 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment