Sunday 12 February 2017

Studio workshop: gouache painted landmarks

 




 
Here I have painted the five landmark drawings using a gouache paint medium, the gouache paint medium is a paint medium I have never painted with before and something I wanted to try which was different to other paint mediums. For the paintings I decided to paint the landmarks not including line which was something completely new to me as I have always developed illustrations using a strong outline. The paint going over pencilled version I redrew of the landmarks filling in the different spaces creating a sort of abstract image of the landmarks. Developing illustrations with the idea of them being abstract was completely new to me as I always like to draw presenting good detail. The colour pallet for the paint landmarks being similar to the Photoshop colour version.
 
I now intend to paint the fonts using gouache similar to how I painted the landmarks and coloured the fonts on Photoshop. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment