Friday 5 May 2017

CV


                                         Luke Knowles


London, Islington


07784954794
 
Personal profile

I am currently a third year illustration student at the University of East London. As an Illustrator I am interested in drawing animals, plants and other topics that interest me. I develop prints using lino, mono and etching techniques. I personally like to create prints using my own drawing style to create different prints. I also enjoy creating digital Illustrations using Photoshop for my own personal drawing style. I can also work within the 3D element, using, clay, plaster, paper, which I mostly create/transform everyday objects. I transform everyday objects into something new and exciting.

I like to draw from art galleries including old painting, sculptures. I draw within a number of different galleries. I like to draw pieces of work which stand out to me. I am open to working within different mediums and working on all different kinds of projects. I am young, hungry and wearing to go and have a good work rate. I enjoy developing good and strong illustrated images to push me further. 


Education

University of East London 2014 – present BA (HONS) degree Illustration

Working Men’s College 2013 - 2014 Foundation Diploma Art and design

LA SWAP Sixth Form 2011 - 2013

Acland Burghley Secondary School 2006 - 2011
During my time as a student my drawing, printing and Photoshop skills have increasing developed. My understanding of the briefs set within the illustration industry has grown being able to respond to different projects with better technique and ideas of how to approach projects. My understanding of visual research has improved with being able to draw from a number of references. I have developed the skill of being able to combine different references together to make a completely new image.    

Employment history


Jewsons June 2013 - present

 During my time at Jewson I had developed communication skills with my co-workers and customers. I have also developed teamwork skills and basic knowledge of working within an industry.   

 Hobbies and interests

I personally am interested in drawing, printing, sculpting, football, films and video games, I like to visit art galleries and draw any piece of art that interests me. I also like to draw animals and animated characters by hand in my own personal time.

  http://lukeknowlesillustration.blogspot.co.uk/

 

 Luke Knowles

I am an illustrator who is capable of working from references being able to present a clear visual language. I am comfortable working within a number of print, Photoshop and paint mediums. I have the ability to develop good drawings which flow together as part of a set. My drawing style adapts well within children books. I have developed animal, people and vehicle type illustrations. I have a good work rate always having a good amount of work to show by the deadline also being able to adjust my illustrations based on feedback received.


I came across the job opening whiles at university which was advertised by the university. I was advised by the tutors to approach the job as they felt my drawing style was suited for the role.  

I want to work with the company as I have reviewed the type of work the company has set and I feel I can work around that type of brief. I have always admired children book illustrations as I like how the visual language used by a number of book illustrators fits in well and presents an artistic way of storytelling. I believe my own drawing style can easily fit within that medium. 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment